Register to vote online
As of July 1, 2010, Indiana offers you the ability to submit your voter registration application online. Specifically, this online voter registration application allows you to apply to register to vote in Indiana, change your name on your voter registration record, or change the address on your voter registration record.
In order to be eligible to register to vote, you must:
• be a citizen of the United States,
• be at least 18 years old on the day of the next general, municipal, or special election,
• have lived in your precinct for at least 30 days before the next general, municipal, or special election (except for certain military voters); and
• not currently be imprisoned after being convicted of a crime.
In order to register to vote online, you must also possess a current and valid Indiana driver’s license or Indiana State identification card. The State of Indiana will use your digitized signature on-file with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles as your voter registration signature. Only the voter registration information you provide and your digitized signature will be sent to your county voter registration office upon concluding the online voter registration application process.
If you do not have either of these documents or have trouble with this website, you may still register to vote by:
• completing a Voter Registration Application (VRG-7) and mailing it to the appropriate county voter registration office or Indiana Election Division,
• registering to vote in-person at the appropriate county voter registration office, or
• registering to vote in-person at the Indiana Election Division.